Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bein' Neighborly




Satruday we spent the day on our boat. It was a blast! It was the first day of the season out on the lake. Carophi and I drank our fair share of sangria, and we ate quite a bit of fruit. So much so that I had to lie on the ground wallowing in misery after Uncle Fos and Caro made us the best darn cuban burgers in the world! (Next time, we'll have bricks!!)

On Suday, Caro and I got up and started sweating out the hangover. She and I spent the day clearing out her kitchen garden area. We installed that cute little fence so Mrs. P will stay out of her veggies. I took a lot less time than we thought! It takes a village, you know! Yes, thoes are the yard bags full of crap we cleared out!

During the heat of the day (yeah, yeah, I know its only March, but it get damn hot down here!) we ran our errands to our favorite stores: Pikes Nursery and Home Depot! I bought a forsythia to plan next to my Barbie Bush, a black berry to accopany my smoothie garden, and a bunch of seeds. I also got stung by a wasp!! He just did NOT like me taking his forsythia! AND he followed me to home depot. I like the Windward location much better than the Holcomb Bridge location.
On Monday, I got my kitchen garden tilled, put in a brick retaining wall, and helped our friend Nathan clear out and trim up the big ole mess of a cherokee rose bush in the back yard. I'll post more pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

french tart said...

you guys did a fantastic job in your backyard. it looks great!

i'll help you build a "swing set" for your squash. i'm a pro at those now ;)