Tuesday, May 1, 2012

JoJo the Swimming Cat

I have this big, fat. white cat that's pretty magical.  He's not really a cat at all.  My husband swears he's a dog in cat's clothing.  I imagine he acts much like the cats in CATS. JoJo was found at two weeks old with no explanation of where he originated. He was dropped of at the vet clinic where my mom worked. He definitely owns the 'hood and runs the cat mafia. He strolls down the street without a care in the world.  He expects cars to stop for him when he crosses the street, and they do! . The rodents don't stand a chance of getting at my veggies. However, sometimes they end up inside...alive...for days.
Chimp the Chipmunk

He loves to swim.  My mom thinks he is a Turkish Van, and I believe her because of her vast vet/cat rescue/borderline-crazy-cat-lady experience.  It's a good thing, too.  He sometimes just needs a bath.  Yesterday, he was covered in dirt and car oil (some of that remains), and today, he had a goo ball of pine sap mixed with leaves all over his chest and legs.  Needless to say, he got quite a bit of fur cut. I should shave that fuzzball, but I think he'd get really sunburned. At least I'd worry he'd get sunburned. Can that even happen?

My magical cat loves to keep me company while I study for exams....which I should be doing right now instead of writing this blog post. But I tell myself writing in free form gives my brain a boost to keep up with outlining law school notes. I have three exams and a paper, and I have yet to complete one of them.  Blah.  I have a good start, but I keep switching back and forth between subjects.  My husband works at home, and we are either totally distracting each other or keeping each other on track.  He works, I work..he's bored, I'm bored...etc.

I got you, Mouse!
I started taking ballet classes, so that keeps me out of the house for a few hours a day for the next two weeks-ish of exams.  After exams are over, I start my internship and one class, and then goodbye law school! Graduation is right around the corner. I can't believe I made it.

I couldn't have done it without my magical cat and all the people in my life supporting me.  Phew!!! But the complaining is yet to be over....Bar exam in February. I wonder if they'll let me take JoJo into the exam?


Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you JoJo's Bath:





3 comments:

phishfriend said...

The only cat that will come running when you whistle!

happysobermama said...

I don't think I told you, but JoJo was in our back yard a few weeks ago.

EmilyB122 said...

Nice! I always suspected he traveled over to visit you guys. Who knows how far he goes!