Monday, April 9, 2007

Barbie Bush Garden




Its time to focus on a new project! The veggie garden looks good (pictures to come when all is planted), and it's been way too cold to plant anything the last week. I hope all my little veggies survive!
I need to get on this front flower bed. The big rose bush on the left is a Barbara Bush Hybrid Tea Rose, and when she blooms, she is gorgeous! Her flowers are Barbie pink, hence, Barbie Bush!

First things first, I am digging up all this monkey grass and getting rid of it! Monkey grass is a great ground cover, but it will run wild if left untamed! My books suggest that I divide the plants regularly and plant them somewhere else, but then I'd have monkey grass instead of real grass.


A week or so ago, I planted another forsythia bush in front of the window, but it is very small and does not really show in the picture. The weeds have been removed!


Take my extra grass, please!


Oh well, more for the compost pile.


1 comment:

french tart said...

i might take some monkey grass off your hands.